The combat sports world was buzzing last night (Sat., Nov. 29, 2025) as Manny Pacquiao Jr. — son of boxing legend, Manny Pacquiao Sr. — made his pro boxing debut opposite Brenden Lally in Temecula Valley, California in a four-round Lightweight bout. Lally, who is an English teacher, was also making his professional debut.
After all was said and done the bout was ruled a majority draw, leaving plenty of fight fans feeling a bit disappointed, with boxing insider Dan Rafael posting he felt that Pacquiao Jr. actually lost the bout. In the end, the scores that mattered were those of the ringside judges, with one scoring it 39-37 for Pacquiao Jr., and the other two scoring it 38-38.
Pacquiao Jr. was coming in with a record of 6-4 as an amateur, but also with a ton of pressure to live up to his father’s name. Of course, any expectations people may have had of him should’ve have been tempered a little bit because he is just starting off his career and has plenty of work to do. That said, he is just 24 years old so he has time on his side to improve before he makes his sophomore effort.
AdvertisementAdvertisementAdvertisementThere were plenty of stars in the house to see the fight including former boxing champions Antonio Margarito, Shawn Porter and of course “Pacman” himself, who was sitting ringside with his wife cheering on their son. Interestingly enough, Pacquiao Sr. fought to a majority draw against Mario Barrios in his long-awaited return to the ring after lengthy hiatus earlier this year (see it again here).
For more boxing news and notes click here.
AdvertisementAdvertisement